What's Allowed - What's Not Allowed
To ensure the safety of all visitors to the Esplanade, the following rules will be strictly enforced on July 3rd and July 4th. Unless noted below, no backpacks, shopping bags or similar type containers may be carried onto the Esplanade, and all carried items are subject to inspection.
2014 Prohibited Items
- No coolers on wheels
- No backpacks
- No firearms, weapons, sharp objects or fireworks
- No glass containers
- No cans
- No alcoholic beverages
- No pre-mixed beverages
- All liquids will be carried in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters in size
- No grilling, propane tanks or open flames
- No unattended bags
- No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue, but most not be left unattended. Bicycles attached or locked to security fences, poles etc will be subject to removal.
2014 Allowed Items
- All personal items must be carried in clear bags only
- Pop up tents/canopies with no sides - maximum size 10x10 (no tents/canopies allowed on July 3)
- Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10x10
- Folding/beach chairs only
- Coolers, must be carried in by shoulder strap or single handle (no wheels)
- After inspection, small clutch bags/purses may be taken into the venue with the clear bag.