*2015 WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED - WHAT IS ALLOWED
To ensure the safety of all visitors to the Esplanade, the following rules will be strictly enforced on July 3rd and July 4th. Unless noted below, no backpacks, shopping bags or similar type containers may be carried onto the Esplanade, and all the carried items are subject to inspection. Please note the new regulation requiring bicycles and unmanned aerial vehicles.
1. No coolers on wheels.
2. No backpacks.
3. No firearms, weapons, sharp objects or fireworks.
4. No glass containers.
5. No cans.
6. No pre-mixed beverages.
7. All liquids will be carried in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters in size.
8. No grilling, propane tanks or open flames.
9. No alcoholic beverages.
10. No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue but must not be left unattended. Bicycles attached or locked to security fences, poles, or other structures may be subject to removal. No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue but must not be left unattended. (This measure is being enacted for public safety and crowd management in the event a speedy evacuation becomes necessary at the Esplanade.)
11. NEW THIS YEAR: No one entering the venue will be allowed to bring an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), commonly referred to as a “drone,” onto the premises. (Also, please click here to see separate section prohibiting UAV use over the venue.)
1. Pop up tents/canopies with no sides - maximum size 10' x 10'. (Above for July 4th only; No Tents/Canopies allowed on July 3rd).
2. Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10' x 10'.
3. Folding/beach chairs only.
4. Coolers, which must be carried in by shoulder strap or single handle (no wheeled coolers).
5. All personal items must be carried in clear bags only.
6. After inspection, small clutch bags/purses may be taken into the venue with the clear bag.